[mythtv-users] Volume / card?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 17 14:46:59 UTC 2006

On Mar 17, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   Does anyone know if the Myth developers are working on any 'volume
>> control / card' features for the future? We're so very tired of this
>> limitation....very tired.
>>
>>   Where does one make an enhancement request that will actually be
>> read?
>>

> On the back of a contribution check?

I suspect you're kidding.

If you *are* serious, where would I send such a check ?? (or better
yet a Pay-Pal payment).

I've tried in the past to contribute to the MythTV effort and had no
luck in finding a way to do so. I even went so far as to suggest a
"contribute" link on the main web page, I got some comments that
Isaac wasn't looking for such, but I believe that good effort should
be rewarded, if not with cash then with equipment, bandwidth or
something.

Developers having access to various hardware would also make it much
easier to create/improve drivers, interfaces etc. If any of the spare
gear I have laying around would help the effort I'd be glad to ship
it to where it would do the most good, it's certainly not helping
anyone sitting in my closet.

Five dollars from everyone who has downloaded Myth would be around
$150,000 or more, certainly ought to at least cover bandwidth/hosting/
DNS.