[mythtv-users] Volume / card?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 19:37:00 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Does anyone know if the Myth developers are working on any 'volume
> > control / card' features for the future? We're so very tired of this
> > limitation....very tired.
> >
> >    Where does one make an enhancement request that will actually be read?
> >

> Reading and implementing are two different things.  The harsh truth is
> you are at the mercy of other people's generosity to spend their time
> implementing the feature that you want.  This may or may not ever happen
> and the sooner you accept that, the better unless you are someone that
> can code the feature yourself.  Sending messages about how tired "we"
> are about a missing feature is probably not the best way to get your
> request considered.
>
> Kevin

Sorry. It was not my intention to bitch about this. Nor do I get the
impression that this list has anything to do with development issues o
that the developers even read it. I only wondered where to send a
request.

Whether the developers act upon that request is completely up to them.
I've been around Open Source long enough to understand that issue.

the 'very tired' comment comment comes from the fact that my wife
wakes me up and I wake my wife up using MythTV in the middle of the
night. It was not intended to be a gripe - more a comment about my
current ability to sleep! ;-)

All said, I still didn't see any response on where to go to file a bug
report or enhancement request. MythTV.org doesn't seem to have a link
into a bug reporting sstem, as far as I've found so far. I searched
the mythtv-dev list and found this discussion:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/174243?search_string=volume%20per%20card;#174243

I will have to research more about what's going on in this area.

Thanks again and I wasn't 'bitching'...really.

Cheers,
Mark