[mythtv-users] Volume / card?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Mar 17 19:41:33 UTC 2006

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
>
>> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    Does anyone know if the Myth developers are working on any 'volume
>>> control / card' features for the future? We're so very tired of this
>>> limitation....very tired.
>>>
>>>    Where does one make an enhancement request that will actually be read?
>>>

>> Reading and implementing are two different things.  The harsh truth is
>> you are at the mercy of other people's generosity to spend their time
>> implementing the feature that you want.  This may or may not ever happen
>> and the sooner you accept that, the better unless you are someone that
>> can code the feature yourself.  Sending messages about how tired "we"
>> are about a missing feature is probably not the best way to get your
>> request considered.
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> Sorry. It was not my intention to bitch about this. Nor do I get the
> impression that this list has anything to do with development issues o
> that the developers even read it. I only wondered where to send a
> request.
>
> Whether the developers act upon that request is completely up to them.
> I've been around Open Source long enough to understand that issue.
>
> the 'very tired' comment comment comes from the fact that my wife
> wakes me up and I wake my wife up using MythTV in the middle of the
> night. It was not intended to be a gripe - more a comment about my
> current ability to sleep! ;-)
>
> All said, I still didn't see any response on where to go to file a bug
> report or enhancement request.
Don't file a bug report since it's not a bug.  Enhancement requests can
be added to the Feature Wishlist page linked from the main page of the
Wiki linked from mythtv.org.  It's nothing official, just a place where
people have put such things.

But don't rush over there, the idea is already posted.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_%28Backend_Addons%29#Hardware_support

Kevin