[mythtv-users] First generation ATSC Air2PC PCI card + MythTV + Fedora Core 4 (FC4).

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 07:48:09 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, Jon Scheer <wombat at scheerfun.org> wrote:

> (4) I can go ahead and scan for channels, however the signal strength
> for every channel is 0.  Thus, I'm not sure if the signal is just really
> weak or if something is not configured properly.  I do have an HDTV
> setup box in the living room, and it picks up some HDTV channels, so I
> was thinking that I should get some signal strength (greater than 0)...?

It worries me a little that you get 'some' channels on your stb.  Some as in
not all that are local? or Some, there aren't many availible?

The v.2 card have very weak/poor multiplath performace.  Check the signal
monitor on your STB if it's not very high you can expect troubles on this
card.  You should also try the command line tools (azap,scan) and see what
they find.

Also I assume your hd stb is for over the air not cable?