[mythtv-users] XvmcTextures TRUE or FALSE? (was:xorg.conf for Epia SP13000)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Mar 18 18:45:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 13:38 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I've just noticed that this xorg.conf file does NOT have a line:
> 	Option "XcmvUsesTextures" "True/False"
This is an nVidia only option.

> I also notice that Dan Seddon just posted a comment that this option
> should be set to "TRUE" (for Nvidia chipsets at least: see "XvMC with
> Nvidia 7676 no change in CPU usage?") while the mythv wiki page dealing
> with Xvmc says to set it to "FALSE"
> So anyone want to wage into the battle, urging a setting of 'whatever'?
If you want chromakeying to work, it needs to be set to false.

Chromakeying allows you to use the ChromaKeyOSD and is AFAIK
required to have playback picture adjustments work. But XvMC
on nVidia hardware is problematic and whatever you can do to
make it work for you is the right thing to do.

-- Daniel