[mythtv-users] Which TFT to get?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Mar 18 20:15:03 UTC 2006

On Mar 18, 2006, at 12:52 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Now I will NEVER buy a Sony CD because of the DRM crap, but I WILL buy
> Sony hardware. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

I'd go further than that, I would never buy *anything* from Sony
after the DRM fiasco unless there was absolutely no other option on
the planet Earth, and I would try hard to check out the deals on Mars
and Venus first.

It certainly *used* to be true that "name brand" gear was in fact
better made with higher quality components. I'm not so sure it is
true anymore though, what with nobody actually making their own stuff
anymore. The company selling/marketing the gear might not even know
how and with what it was made.

Certainly it's been demonstrated that Linksys marketed gear from
manufacturers who weren't even aware of the GPL (on a corporate
level), The same factories build Compaq and Acer laptops on the same
production lines, your "American" car is built in Mexico and the US
flag on your car was probably made in China.

I think they call it "Globalization".