[mythtv-users] pvr350 hurting my TV?

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Mar 18 22:52:41 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 14:19, Stefan Haflidason wrote:
> > Also I got a binary version of ivtvdev_drv.o because I couldn't seem to
> >
> > > get the source that I found to compile on my distro (ubuntu 5.10).
> > > What did you use?  I thought it might be a bit better if I compiled it
> > > on my distro.
> >
> > I've always used the binary version.  Just make sure you're using the
> > latest
> > one.  There seem to be multiple versions out there.  The offical, and
> > latest
> > one can be downloaded from  http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/xdriver/0.10.6/
>
> Sorry to hi-jack, I'm just wondering what you mean by multiple versions. Do
> you mean multiple sources where you can get a pre-compiled driver or that
> there is a driver other than the ivtv-fb module that comes with ivtv?

I meant older versions of the pre-compiled driver.  Some out-dated guides out
there came up in my searches and have links to locations to get the binary
driver, but these are very old versions of the driver (like back when ivtv
was being heavily developed by Chris Kennedy and version numbers were
something like "108w" and stuff like that).  I was just trying to ensure the
proper driver was being used.

As far as I know there isn't an "alternative driver" like you were wondering.