[mythtv-users] composite doesn't work from scheduled recordings

Dave Ball mythtv at ball-home.co.uk
Sun Mar 19 08:07:47 UTC 2006

Hi,
I've got a pvr350 and a nova-t in the same joint frontend / backend.  I
use the composite in and tuner on the pvr350.  This was all working
fine, until i upgraded my kernel to 2.6.25, ivtv to 0.4.3 and mythtv to
0.19.

After a bit of tweaking, everything works fine in livetv, and recordings
of the DVB card and the pvr350 tuner work fine.  However, every time i
try to schedule a recording from the composite in, it fails with a
"failed to tune" message.  My composite in only captures a single
channel, and there is no channel change script.

This is quite odd,  because every other channel works, but composite-in
will only record if started through livetv. If i start watching through
livetv, and then hit the record button, the show is recorded successfully.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

DaveB