[mythtv-users] Help with FC4 0.18 -> 0.19, blew up IVTV now can't record or remote... Thanks for the help!

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 22:18:56 UTC 2006

> Have you verified that the video source is connected and working? I know
> these are obvious things but thats what is usually wrong. If that fails have
> you tried removing the ivtv rpm's and reinstalling?

Yup, did all that. I "fixed" it by running the ivtv-tune and setting
the tuner to channel 3 manually, like this:

ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0

I think there is a problem with mythtv 0.19 and ivtv 0.4.x talking
together, for some reason it doesn't set the tuner to channel 3. Maybe
my ivtv install is just messed up, but it seems to work fine outside
of myth, I can change channel to 3, record from my Dish receive and
play them back with mplayer. That's about as much testing I know how
to do to say ivtv works fine.. :)

Thanks for the help,
-Kenneth