[mythtv-users] Own server for grabbing tv-program?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Mar 20 00:17:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:43:09 -0500
Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 03/19/2006 06:09 PM, Al Bogner wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 19:59 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> >
> >> you simply
> >> need to install XMLTV on the other PC and use it to download the
> >> listings to a file.
> >>
> > Sorry, what means simply install xmltv for Suse 10?
> >

> Best I can do is point you to
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.2 and the XMLTV site (
> http://xmltv.org/ ) and say that I'm pretty sure your package manager
> should provide a version.  Instructions for configuration are available
> on the XMLTV site.
>
> Basically, you want to configure XMLTV on your other PC just like you
> would have on your Myth box.
>
> Mike

I for one am not even sure thats what the OP wants. He said:

"Is it possible to grab the tv-program with another pc,"

does he mean the programming guide or the program itself - ie the video
file.

Its ahrd to know what he wants when he describes the problem so poorly,
but I cannot see why the mythtv box in this case cannot download the
programming guide, presumably it is connected to the always connected
gateway?

Nick, lost.

Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>