[mythtv-users] Zsnes + irxevent queueing commands

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Mon Mar 20 00:53:19 UTC 2006

I've finally gotten around to setting up MythGame and so far
everything's going smoothly. I've been working on a way to get all the
emulators to exit using the exit key on the remote. I know this has been
discussed in the past, and most folks seem to settle on using irxevent
to pass an Escape command to the program in question.

I've found, though, with zsnes, that the events aren't really processed
when it's on the screen.

I have the following lines in my .lircrc file:

begin
prog = irxevent
button = BACK-EXIT
repeat = 3
config = Key Escape zsnes
end

I pointed the commands explicitly at zsnes when CurrentWindow wasn't
cutting it. What I'm finding is that zsnes doesn't pay attention to
anything, but once it exits the events get fired at the current window
(whether it's from a terminal or from inside Myth).

Does zsnes do something funny that would make irxevent stutter like
that? More specifically, where did I screw up my configuration of one or
the other?

	- SJML