[mythtv-users] Requirements

Jonas Lihnell roze at roze.mine.nu
Mon Mar 20 07:37:36 UTC 2006

I assume my last mail was too broad and covered an issue too big so
I'll split it down to a few more specific questions. (old mail:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-March/129099.html)

When the backend sends the tv signal to the frontend, do the backend or
the frontend decode it? (I assume frontend)

When myth takes an incoming signal, does it reencode it before it write
the buffer to disk, or do it first write the raw stream to disk, then
reencode it to my livetv profile? (I hope it reencodes it before
writing to disk)

On another note I'm interested in performance measure myth, so if
anyone knows a good application for counting cpu-cycles, memory
requirements, disk usage etc for another application or application
thread, that would be nice :)

//Roze