[mythtv-users] Copying an install

Dawson, Guy Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com
Mon Mar 20 10:11:17 UTC 2006

I'm afraid I did not make myself clear.  What I'm trying to do (ultimately)
is use my existing Myth box as a template for a new backend that is also a
file server.  So my existing box has a single drive with boot, root and
video partitions,  whereas the 'new' machine will need software raid & LVM.
In addition it has two processor so will need a different kernel.

So far I have rejected using a clean myth install, because of the DVB issues
in 0.19.  I tried setting up the file store on the new disks (with raid &
lvm) and copying the entire contents of the original box, but I could not
get the thing to start X.

The only component of the old box I don't want to upgrade is Myth itself, so
I am looking for pointers as to how copy such a application from one machine
to another.

Thanks again

Guy