[mythtv-users] Copying an install

mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Mon Mar 20 11:46:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 10:11:17AM -0000, Dawson, Guy wrote:
> The only component of the old box I don't want to upgrade is Myth itself, so
> I am looking for pointers as to how copy such a application from one machine
> to another.
I used debian, so can't offer a foolproof step by step for another distribution...

However, if you can get a list of the files that the RPMs provide (this information must be
available, since it needs to be able to delete them), then it should be possible to copy the
files over to the other machine.

This won't take care of things like dependancies (or even show these files up as a package
on the other box), but should at least get you running.

To do the other bits, you'll need someone to talk you through integrating the database
changes to the rpm database - which I know next to nothing about...