[mythtv-users] Myth hits Debian stable, kernel 2.6.11 ok, with Plextor TV402U ?

Kurt lists1 at pilosoft.net
Mon Mar 20 12:27:34 UTC 2006

I saw MythTV packages hit Debian Stable (or maybe backports) a few days ago.
I have a Plextor TV402U as a tuner (never confirmed if it works).  I'm running
kernel 2.6.11-k7 with a 950 MHz Duron and 512 MB Ram, Debian stable on my
lightly used file server.

Is the kernel sufficient for this setup to work without having to patch the
kernel?  I just want to get Myth working so I can get a feel for it and see
how it works running on a file server.  One or two desktops currently ssh
into the file server and remote forward X sessions across the lan, so the
desktops really act as terminals right now.

Not interested or setup for TV-out, ok to view MythTV results on computer
monitor for now.  Will this setup work, or am I forced to obtain a later
kernel?

If i must use a later kernel and I choose one of the latest 2.6.x kernels, can
I use that without recompiling it?

Thanks!
Kurt.