[mythtv-users] XvmcTextures TRUE or FALSE?

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Mon Mar 20 13:59:55 UTC 2006

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 13:38 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>>> I've just noticed that this xorg.conf file does NOT have a line:
>>> 	Option "XcmvUsesTextures" "True/False"
>>>
>> This is an nVidia only option.
>>

>>> I also notice that Dan Seddon just posted a comment that this option
>>> should be set to "TRUE" (for Nvidia chipsets at least: see "XvMC with
>>> Nvidia 7676 no change in CPU usage?") while the mythv wiki page dealing
>>> with Xvmc says to set it to "FALSE"
>>> So anyone want to wage into the battle, urging a setting of 'whatever'?
>>>
>> If you want chromakeying to work, it needs to be set to false.
>>
>> Chromakeying allows you to use the ChromaKeyOSD and is AFAIK
>> required to have playback picture adjustments work. But XvMC
>> on nVidia hardware is problematic and whatever you can do to
>> make it work for you is the right thing to do.
>>
>> -- Daniel
>>

> I will add a datapoint here.
>
> Using Via SP13000, FC4, xorg 6.9.903 from kelkoo.net and openchrome
> driver, the playback picture adjustments work whether or not the setting
> is TRUE or FALSE. I had been using FALSE, but just tried TRUE with
> already recorded shows.
>
> The On Screen Display which contains the description and slider bar etc
> for the controls is black/white ... grey, not in color, but it works.
>
> Geoff

If you take a look at the OpenChrome source (it's not very large) you
will see that there is nothing looking for this option - it just does
not exist for Via playback.  That is why either setting works.  BTW -
the spelling is incorrect it is Xvmc no Xcmv (X Video Motion Compensation)

Regards,
Warren