[mythtv-users] Own server for grabbing tv-program?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 20 23:55:36 UTC 2006

On 03/20/2006 02:30 PM, Al Bogner wrote:

>Would this be a good syntax for cron.daily?
>su tvprg -c "/usr/bin/tv_grab_it" --output tv_grab_it.xml | tee -a "$LOGFILE"
>
>How do I avoid, that  the programming guide is only _updated_ the next day
>with xmltv?

There should be options to control how many days of data you download.
Try "tv_grab_it --help" and if that doesn't work, I recommend Google... ;)

>How should I import the downloaded file at the "mythtv pc"? It is not possible
>to use nfs, but rsync.

Just have to make a copy available that can be read as a local file.  It
doesn't matter how you get it there.

>What is the difference between mythfilldatabase --file and --dd-file ?

--dd-file is only for North American users of Tribue Media Service's
DataDirect offering, so it's not for you.  (I didn't want to make
assumptions in my first post, but now that I know you're in Italy...)

>Can you recommend a syntax for the import, which can be used with cron.daily
>or better after reaching runlevel 3. Maybe it is in idea to put a script in
>"autostart" of KDE.

It will depend on your configuration, but assuming you have only one
video source and its ID is 1:

mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /path/to/xmltvfile.xml

should do the import.  Test it from the command line before trying to
integrate it into cron.

Mike