[mythtv-users] .19-fixes/sasc/eit --Job Queue

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 21 18:20:18 UTC 2006

* On Tue Mar 21, 2006 at 12:01:03PM -0600, itsmebcc wrote:
> >You lost me at sasc.  The developers do not support and do not condone the
> >use
> >of this software.  After that your post was just blah blah blah.  Sorry.
> >Not really.
> >
> >--
> >Chris
>

> Chris...  The makers of xbox's do not condone what is done with them either
> as far as myth goes, but that does not mean that we do not discuss it.  The
> television companies do not like you skipping the commercials either.  I
> could go on and on...  So does anyone else have any insight to the original
> topic?

Isaac and the other developers (myself included as one of them) have said
multiple times before that there are certain things that we don't condone or want
discussed on the lists.  Among them are any kind of P2P app within Myth (or
non-official plugin) and software that allows you to get around encrypted
datastreams.  If you don't like it, then you can go elsewhere.  If your bug is
related to sasc then you're on your own.  It's Isaac's list so he makes the rules
(and I think I'm safe in saying the rest of the devs agree with him).  If you happen
to live in a country that allows you to break encryption and use the feed as you
see fit, then feel free to discuss this elsewhere, but don't expect support in the
official Myth mailing lists.

--
Chris