[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Dish Network

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Mar 21 19:32:40 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> OK, I got my LIRC and the remote working (problem was with my system,
> not with MythDora).
>
> So now that I have a working LIRC I want to get a serial IT Blaster
> controlling a Dish receiver.
>
> I have found dozens and dozens of posts on this, some going back to
> the Bronze age, and all seeming to have a different opinion as to how
> to do it.
>
> The most promising one said it was for FC systems and did not require
> a second installation of LIRC, all components can be had from atRPMs,
> needs no compiling and just needs editing a few files.
>
> Sounded great, but the domain has expired (lircsetup.com) :-(((
>
> So I'm looking for an up to date solution for a simple serial blaster
> controlling a Dish receiver in the simplest possible way, on a
> MythDora 2.0 system.

I think it depends on the Dish Receiver you have as to whether it will
work or not. I have a 311.
I've heard the 322 doesn't work though.

I've been using this howto on KnoppMyth and Gentoo since August 2005.
Works great with LIRC
0.8.0 and a few previous versions:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

Scripted, so installation is easy, and modular, so you can choose the
lirc tar.gz you want.
I'd rather all of this was built into lirc by default, but this works
for now.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin