[mythtv-users] Help with commercial flagging -- cutting out part of program

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:59:14 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, John Biundo <johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been searching for some documentation on commercial flagging and
> autoskip, but haven't been able to figure out how to best tune things to
> solve my problem.
>
> I've noticed that I get what I'll call both "false positives" for
> commercial detection.  Meaning, sometimes the return from a commercial
> break isn't flagged, but rather the cut point is placed in the program
> content itself (i.e., part of the program is cut out along with the
> commercials).

<snip>

Chris' commercial detection code is really amazing in how accurate it
is.  It is far more accurate than my old ReplayTV's commercial
detection.  That being said it is not perfect.

If it bothers you, do what I do...  After a show is recorded, take 30
seconds to edit the cutlist.  It is really easy, and ensures that all
the cuts are correct when you get around to watching the show.  For a
show like "Da Vinci's Inquest", the only "correction" I have to make
is for the last (short) segment, and that takes less than 10 seconds.

John