[mythtv-users] Improving DVD playback

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:51:51 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/06, Sdk <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >On 3/21/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I would be happiest if there was a way to improve the DVD playback
> > using the
> > > PVR's output.
> > >
> > > xine command: xine -r auto -f dvd:%d
> > >

> > Try adding "-V xv"  (without quotes) to the xine command line.
> >

> I had previously tried that. Xine just starts and shuts down immediately
> with no messages related to DVD playing (just that standard xine version
> message). I assumed that the PVR framebuffer doesn't have the xv extension.
>
> When loaded the ivtvdev driver claims to be version 0.1.0 which is odd.
> I'm trying to download 0.10.6 from ivtvdriver.org but it's down at the
> moment. Are there any mirrors?

Upgrading to the latest driver made a big difference. xvinfo now finds the
PVR and xine/mplayer are working well. Regarding the PVR vs. Nvidia issue I
think I'll stick with the PVR card as I have limited time in which to test
any major changes.

Oh, and I now realise that this topic has been covered before. Sorry! I'll
be more careful next time.