[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 21 21:35:12 UTC 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jesse Adelman wrote:

> I've used The MyBlaster/Serial since I brought up my Myth box back in
> August of 2004, and it has been just a solid, and blissfully
> uneventful, performer: http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html .
> The excellent Linux/Perl script by William Munson that they host
> offers
> complete control over your cable box, and does not require LIRC at all
> (see http://www.mytvstore.com/mythtv_linux.html). Oh, and did I say it
> does not require LIRC *at all*? OK, just making sure.
>
> For me, and my PVR-350 remote (which does need LIRC), this means
> heaven.

I just ordered one as it looks like a "trouble free" solution.

I have no problem with playing with LIRC, and as you have no doubt
seen several kind folks have sent me what looks like the best of the
"howtos" that are out there, but a non-lirc alternative solution
would have some benefits.

I hate it when I spend several minutes checking through a post, then
discover it is from 2003 and the sat receivers, myth versions, lirc
versions and linux distros that are referred to are all obsolete by
several years. Some archives make it hard to find the posting date,
this should be up front and center IMHO.

I'll play around with LIRC for the experience though, thanks for the
tip. It is noce to have my remote working.

Thanks again. for the responses to my original question from many
kind folk.