[mythtv-users] m-ATX motherboard suggestions for Mythtv Fedora Core4

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Wed Mar 22 02:22:41 UTC 2006

G.J. Werler wrote:
> My current Mythtv system (Pundit-R, FC2, Hauppauge 350) does not support
> Wake On Lan. I'm thinking about building a new system whith slightly
> more room for diskdrives and which does support WOL. Here is my feature
> list:
>
> - Micro ATX size (9.6" x9.6")
> - 3 PCI slots (+ AGP or PCI-E)
> - Socket 754 (AMD) or 479 (Intel) or 775 (Intel)
> - low cost (about $60)
> - WOL support
> - nvram-wakup support
> - good support for Linux (FC4)
>
> Most of the boards do support some kind of WOL but from the manuals it
> seems that this is a wake up from a suspended Windows session. Not a
> powerd down Linux system.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> G.J. Werler

When this comes up I usually recommend the Biostar TForce6100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138268 I have
one its a great board.  I haven't been able to find anything else
similar, there is full support for the onboard hardware in Gentoo so I
would assume FC has it aswell.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138269 is the
same thing just without the pretty colors, its not asa tweakable and has
no S/PDIF out.
--Bryan