[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 22 19:10:27 UTC 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jesse Adelman wrote:

> I've used The MyBlaster/Serial since I brought up my Myth box back in
> August of 2004, and it has been just a solid, and blissfully
> uneventful, performer: http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html .
> The excellent Linux/Perl script by William Munson that they host
> offers
> complete control over your cable box, and does not require LIRC at all
> (see http://www.mytvstore.com/mythtv_linux.html). Oh, and did I say it
> does not require LIRC *at all*? OK, just making sure.
>
> For me, and my PVR-350 remote (which does need LIRC), this means
> heaven.

"Just making sure"

I received a MyBlaster and am setting it up.

The third active line in the script that the instructions pointed me
to is:

"irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit"

While I think I can deal with this, it certainly looks like it
requires LIRC to me.

You were so adamant that it did *not* require LIRC that I wondered if
I am missing something obvious ??