[mythtv-users] AC3, Analog Cable and 5.1

White Joe joe.white at consultant.volvo.com
Wed Mar 22 23:46:46 UTC 2006

I am using xine for DVDs and have found a post that tells me how to set
that up for 5.1.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/44614?search_string=x
ine%20config%205.1;#44614

I found this thread that implies that some NTSC broadcasts may be
decodable into 5.1 using Dolby Prologic.  Is this true?  Practical?
Prevalent? Relevant?
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/160633?search_string=
dolby%205.1%20analog;#160633

jw