[mythtv-users] Recording profile bitrates

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 05:35:25 UTC 2006

I was just looking at the settings for my recording profiles, and I noticed
that all four of my profiles (Default, Live TV, High Quality, and Low
Quality) have the exact same settings. The bitrate is 4500 and the max
bitrate is 6000. I'm almost positive that at some point in the past these
settings were different for each profile (After all, what's the point of
having four different profiles, if they are all identical?). Anyway, I was
wondering if anybody had any idea of how the settings might have gotten that
way, and if somebody could suggest sane values to fix the profiles with. The
recording profiles are for MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350), and I'm
recording at 720x480 with DVD-Special 2.

Shawn Asmussen