[mythtv-users] Will any PVR-150 Work?

Lawrwence mail.list.lawrence at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:48:20 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Bert Santema <atsantema at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just a bit more info, I got a PVR-150MCE Retail. It has radio (haven't
> used it yet) and the remote
> receiver plugs into a usb port. Use the mce-usb2 driver and you're fine.
>
> Remote works like a charm for me (aside from that nasty logo...)
>
> There's some Wiki info here:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_LIRC_for_MythTV
>
> Cheers,
> Bert

Just to add some more confusion to the mix, I picked a PVR-150 Retail ( I
wanted the remote ).  All the above info matches ( connectors, features, etc
) except mine does claim to have a radio.  I haven't used it yet ( we don't
get good radio reception here in the mountains anyway ) so I can't verify
that it is enabled and functional.

The MCE versions without the remote are a good bargin for adding additional
cards or could even server as your primary card if you have no need of the
remote functionality.