[mythtv-users] the ever changing sky digital lineup - and automating updates

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Mar 23 16:27:35 UTC 2006

I originally asked this on xmltv-users, but got no takers.

I'm in Ireland and use tv_grab_uk_rt to grab listings from the radiotimes.

Sky recently changed their lineup and so I have to reconfigure mythtv to
handle the new layout.

Rather than do it by hand (I started but that was tedious) I thought I would
write a program to generate the correct sql.

All well and good. I found a perl script (on the knoppmyth wiki) and that
got me started,

but wanted to modify to my ends, which I have.

The upshot is that I have a script which garbs the lineup from lyngsat
(along with the icons - cool eh?)

and then tries to match it up with the data coming from the BBC. I'm using
the last field in the channel_ids file

to put the name of the channel (according to lyngsat) so that everything
links up.

Has anybody done this before (and save me the trouble)?

I will contribute my "noddy does" perl script if it is interest.

Alternatively, has anyone got a better idea how to do this?

Regards

--

Simon