[mythtv-users] OT, general and long: transcoding

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 23 17:00:04 UTC 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 6:24 AM, mikepolniak wrote:

> 3. Run ProjectX on the resulting myth _lossless_ transcoded file to
>    create a video file (*.m2v) and audio file (*mpa). There is no
>    encoding done here to degrade the video quality and ProjectX
> ensures
>    audio-video sync.

So then how is project X different from avidemux ? Does it just
automate the separate steps to export the audio and video files ??

Avidemux can also cut the size down if you need to, but then so can
DVDShrink running under Wine.

How about qdvdauthor to create the DVD structure.

I guess all I'm saying is there's more than one way to skin a cat,
but I'm wondering what project X has that the other don't since I am
unfamiliar with it.