[mythtv-users] plugin for browsing google video, youtube, etc?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:07:46 UTC 2006

Aside from the mounds of crud that are posted on
http://video.google.com and http://youtube.com, there are some good
clips.

As I was importing videos into mythtv, I was thinking about how it
would be nice to have a myth plugin that would let users browse
through the latest and most popular videos with just my remote control
and without needing to launch mythbrowser.

Right now, the closest thing to what I want is the rss feed from
http://videosift.com . A frontend module that could harvest say the
top 100 video links from videosift.com and the related flash players
and let me browse and view them with just arrow keys, "enter" and
"escape" would be a lot of fun.

Can anyone think of a creative way to implement that in mythtv?

-Ross