[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:02:59 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Disconnect <mythtv at gotontheinter.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Stephen Rowles did have cause to say:
<snip />

> The reason I initially dropped MythTV for media-playing is that every time I
> added a file, I had to go through the setup menu, wait for it to rescan the
> directories, then add any meta-data and come back out to the main interface
> to actually play it. (Freevo did it 'right' - new files appear immediately,
> even updating the display right in front of you if you are in that directory
> when it happens.)

i had this issue as well, but as of release .18 (?) you don't have to
do this as long as you drop your videos in /myth/video.  they're found
automatically.  i'm not positive if this change took place in release
.18 or earlier (or if i'm just an idiot), but that's when i noticed it
worked 'correctly'. ;)