[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Graeme Wilford gwilford at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:04:26 UTC 2006

John,

It only appears to be a problem when the encoder is running at the
same time. I've tried playing back DVDs at 720x576 and the following
at 320 and 704:

ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to width 320 src_w 320 dst_w 580
src_x 0 dst_x 79
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to height 576 src_h 576 dst_h 450
src_y 0 dst_y 46
ivtv0-osd warning: Source video: Interlaced
ivtv0 warning: Enable video output
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to width 704 src_w 704 dst_w 580
src_x 0 dst_x 79
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to height 576 src_h 576 dst_h 450
src_y 0 dst_y 46
ivtv0-osd warning: Source video: Interlaced
ivtv0 warning: Enable video output

As others have said, the video stream appears to blip every second or
so - but not consistently as I saw a clean 5 second pan while
re-testing. The audio stays in sync but the video looks like it's
dropping frames.

Strangely, when I changed Myth's settings in Appearance to use
full-screen rather than matching the OSD size:

ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to width 320 src_w 320 dst_w 678
src_x 0 dst_x 22
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to height 576 src_h 576 dst_h 518
src_y 0 dst_y 20
ivtv0-osd warning: Source video: Interlaced
ivtv0 warning: Enable video output
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to width 704 src_w 704 dst_w 704
src_x 0 dst_x 9
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to height 576 src_h 576 dst_h 518
src_y 0 dst_y 20
ivtv0-osd warning: Source video: Interlaced
ivtv0 warning: Enable video output

The visual frame drop was much reduced and possibly even eliminated entirely.

However, watching live-TV (using Myth's fullscreen setting) looked bad
with frame dropping and the hand-waving blurryness that someone else
mentioned:

ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to width 720 src_w 720 dst_w 678
src_x 0 dst_x 22
ivtv0-osd warning: Need to adjust to height 576 src_h 576 dst_h 518
src_y 0 dst_y 20
ivtv0-osd warning: Source video: Interlaced
ivtv0 warning: Enable video output

HTH.

Thanks,
Wilf.