[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 19:34:55 UTC 2006

I've been using my 350 since I first built the mythbox about 1.5 - 2
years ago now (I think, was on 0.17 at the time I think)
Granted it's annoying that the non mpeg2 stuff is sometimes slow (or not
supported), but I always found  that the quality looked better than the
output from my Geforce 5800. I still have the 5800 in the box and
occasionally switch X's setup back to it if I wannt play a game or
something (I've got Stepmania installed on the same machine, great fun
on a TV and using a dancemat !).
I might try the Geforce again this w/end to compare quality again, but I
for one would like the 350 support to be kept alive..

I assume this is talking about losing 350 output support, not encoding
as well seeing as that's provided out ivtv  ?