[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:48:07 UTC 2006

Since you are using Windows to create VOB files, you might want to look at a
program called DVD Shrink.  You can take JUST the movie and the audio tracks
you want and create an ISO file.  This ISO file can be played via XINE or
VLC or even MPLAYER (since your not grabbing menus).  That way you only have
one file.  You can even compress the ISO to save space if you like.  I have
been using DVD Shrink for years and have LOVED it.  In Myth you can scroll
to these .ISO files and tell myth to look for a certain IMDB # that
corresponds with your movie.  Really a great system.