[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Thu Mar 23 20:59:58 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, John Harvey <john.p.harvey at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Apart from this particular bug the quality using Xv or
> mpeg decoding is similar and the cpu usage is similar
> so there is no real loss in using Xv and the gain is
> that we don't have to maintain 2 sets of code.

For my usage I see a large difference between xv playback and native
350 playback. The native 350 playback has almost no processor usage on
my two 350 systems, while xv frontends use a lot of of the processor.

For me, all of the killer features of myth are met by my 350 systems.
Perhaps people have different ideas of what the killer features of
myth are.