[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 24 00:31:31 UTC 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:40:37 -0700
> Brian Wood wrote:
>

>> On Mar 23, 2006, at 12:48 PM, James Oltman wrote:
>>

>> DVDShrink can be run on Linux under Wine fairly well. The setup is
>> integrated into the MythDora distro and seems to work out of the box
>> (at least for me).
>>
>> OTOH avidemux can do this as well, natively under Linux.
>
> It does? make an iso of the complete dvd including menus etc, all
> shrunk down to 4.7 G (orwhatever size a single layer dvd is).
>
> http://k9copy.free.fr/
>
> will do that, and is probably closest to dvdshrink that i know of.
>
> see the conversation here:
>
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=90002

Looks worth checking out. Gentoo's ebuild says a recent version of
k3b is required although it is not listed as a prerequisite on the
k9copy web site, hmmm...

Although I only copy DVDs from the days when I made them (without
encryption) from TiVo recordings, this is a bit OT and potentially
iffy subject matter.