[mythtv-users] Streamzap Remote Configuration, almost there!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 01:09:16 UTC 2006

Brian, nowhere in /etc/udev/50-udev.rules could I find a reference to
lirc, but I found this on the web and tried it.

KERNEL="lirc[0-9]*",    NAME="lirc%n"
KERNEL="lirc0",         SYMLINK="lirc"

Upon reboot the streamzap module was loaded and the following devices
were created:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     5 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
crw-------  1 root root 61, 0 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lirc0
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lircd

And the system works for any user that is logged in to the console.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org