[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Fri Mar 24 01:46:46 UTC 2006

> I have "Aspect Override" set to Off. I may try it set to Fill instead.
>
> Is anybody actually using a PVR-350 in XV mode with an interlaced SD TV
> with good results? If so, what resolution are you recording at?

Mine is working well.  Here are a few notes about my setup:
Recording:
720x480 resolution
stream type dvd-special 2
aspect ratio = square
bitrate = 4500
max bitrate = 6000
audio codec = mpeg2 hardware encoder
sampling rate 3200
type layer II
bitrate 384kbps
volume 90%

Playback:
no deinterlacing (if I put it on then I get really, really crappy output.
but of course you don't need it for the pvr350 anyway)
preferred mpeg 2 decoder = standard
checked enable realtime priority threads
not checked use video as timebase
checked extra audio buffering
aspect override off
overscan settings all 0

Appearance:
do not select use gui size for tv playback

Probably the first things to check if your aspect ratio is off is to make
sure deinterlacing is disabled and that you are not using gui size for
playback (doing that will scale the output and mess everything up, since
we are not deinterlacing).