[mythtv-users] HDTV + AverTV A180 audio/video stutter - possible bad card?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 13:26:02 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently got my AverTV card working. However, when I play
> an audio stream using:
>     mplayer -nolirc -novideo /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
>
> I get CRC errors from the audio. It plays, but there is a break
> in the sound everytime I see a CRC (which is once or twice a
> second). Similarly, if I record in MythTV I get audio/video
> stuttering and loss of A/V sync.
>
> My azap ber is always below 900, and I have zero unc errors.
> snr is always eXXX or better, and signal is always fcXX or
> better, so I don't think I'm having reception problems.
>
> I never see any errors in dmesg during recording/playback,
> so this feels to me like either a hardware issue or an issue
> upstream.
>
> What does the list think? Do I have a bad card?

this is a problem with mplayer, it doesn't know how to properly handle
AC3 in DVB streams.

I don't understand why MythTV is having a problem with it. My two
A180's have been working fine. Some other folks have said they've been
seeing audio sync issues with HDTV, so it may be related to that. Do
you have any other HD sources?

--
Steve