[mythtv-users] Channel Change Problem - Request fix

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sat Mar 25 04:05:59 UTC 2006

When you change the channel via firewire (and others as well), the
channel you change to is stored in the database so that when you go back
to LiveTV, you start on the channel you left off with.  However, at
least on firewire, if the channel you change to is invalid, that value
is already in the DB, so after it kicks you back to the menu, when you
all of the way out of the frontend, load mythtvsetup, reset the channel,
then load up the frontend again.  Wouldn't it be better not to change
the last channel field unless you get a successful video signal, not
just a successful channel change?

BTW, yes I know its a Doctor, Doctor* situation.  I ran into it recently
when my local Comcast decided all those channels I used to get on
firewire are now to be restricted, so when I went from ABC-HD to INHD,
whammo, I'm locked out.  Took me a while to find the mythtvsetup setting
to reset it.

Anyway, it's just a thought.  I'll fix my DataDirect lineup to only
valid channels and won't run into it anymore (I hope).

Jeff.

* Patient: Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I move my arm like this.
Doctor: Then stop moving your arm like that.