[mythtv-users] Long films and news breaks

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 11:24:08 UTC 2006

I believe all it needs to be able to cut out the news break is a
single recording option extra. I.e. we have dont record this showing,
record once, record in this timeslot every week etc. We just need to
add a record once with news break option (these breaks are 99% one off
showings) The scheduler then knows to look to see if there is an extra
part of the film after the next 1/2 programs, if it is it does one of
three thigs, depending on how feasable these are:

1) Record whole length of film

2) Record whole length of film and inserts cut points for the news break

3) Records both sections and splices the recordings together.

Obviously no. 3 is the best solution but is prob the hardest to implement.

Paul