[mythtv-users] Announce: MythRemote Widget for Yahoo! Widget Engine (nee Konfabulator)

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:36:54 UTC 2006

On 3/26/06, Paul Harvey <paul.l.harvey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got the widget to work for me...
>
> Somehow my WidgetEngine install is different than you reference in the
> readme.
>
> I had to put the mythkey.exe in
>
> C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widget~1\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\usr\local\wbin
>
> instead of
>
> C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\usr\local\wbin
>
> as the readme has it and then it worked.
>
> On 3/25/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This is just the widget file, you should be able to just download it
> > > and open the file with the widget engine.  When it starts, a debug
> > > window will also open.  If it still doesn't work for you, could you
> > > email me the output of the debug window?
> >
> > I'm afraid it still does nothing for me. Here's the debug output:
> >
> > 03/25/06 19:02:48.921:
> >
> > Type '/help' for help.
> >
> > Executing command: C:\Program
> > Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey down
> > elm.edwards.home"
> >
> > Executing command: C:\Program
> > Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey up
> > elm.edwards.home"
> >
> > Executing command: C:\Program
> > Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey up
> > elm.edwards.home"
> >
> > Executing command: C:\Program
> > Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey right
> > elm.edwards.home"
> >
> > Executing command: C:\Program
> > Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey escape
> > elm.edwards.home"
> >

> > If I open a telnet session and type "key up", "key down" etc that all
> > works but I can't get mythfrontend to respond to the widget at all.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Phill

Hi,

I have got internet finally, whoo hoo.

But it seems that i am in a tv/digital coverage area blackspot. (typical) so
untill get reception sorted out via digital (thats what the mythtv box runs,
i am more than useless.

I am trying to get some answers now. sorry i cant help. when i get some tv
reception i will fire up myth again.

CH