[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Martin Ereth martin.ereth at arcor.de
Sun Mar 26 12:55:05 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean schrieb:
> On 03/23/2006 11:02 AM, William wrote:
>
>>> I wasn't able to tell mythtv that it should not record any
>>> channels I watch. Am I able to do that? How?
>>>

>> I too would really like to turn off the auto-recording of live tv.

>> In answer to your question, I was told by the developers that its tough luck
>> on not recording live tv. Get out your C compiler book and start hacking the
>> code.
>>

> OK.  Due to popular demand--and the fact that people are ignoring
> everyone's brief description of how to do what they're asking--I've
> included more exact instructions here.  (And, note that no C (or C++)
> compiling is required.)  Copy /usr/local/share/mythtv/tvmenu.xml to
> ~/.mythtv/tvmenu.xml and add:
>
>    <button>
>       <type>TV_PLAYBACK</type>
>       <text>Watch TV as If I Never Even Installed Myth Because I Don't
> Want Myth to Record LiveTV</text>
>       <text lang="ES">TV directo</text>
>       <action>EXECTV xawtv -f -device %s -dspdev %s -vbidev %s</action>
>    </button>
>
> I've included button text I felt is appropriate (and an example of how
> to do translations), but feel free to modify it if desired.

Hello!

Instead of calling xawtv it would be much better to include a switch in myth to turn
auto-recording on or off. ( maybe the page where you can set the other values for
recording, eg space)
That would solve many problems.
For your solution you need xawtv installed. I just want to use mythtv.

Martin