[mythtv-users] Plextor external USB capture device

Bret Schuhmacher bschuhmacher at workbrain.com
Sun Mar 26 15:42:27 UTC 2006

I have Plextor TV402U-NA - not exactly what you found, but I like it.
Mine does MPEG compression so I can run Myth on an old laptop I had
lying around.  I need to upgrade to a USB 2.0 card for the connection to
the Plextor, but I like it.

The only problem I have is that it's not recognized at boot and I have
to disconnect/reconnect it, then record something off channel 3 (i.e.
force it to channel 3 using gorecord) before I see any video in Myth.
There's probably something in the boot order of /etc/init.d stuff I
should look at, but I don't have to do this often enough to really care
(Linux doesn't need a reboot that often).

Rgds,

Bret