[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 26 16:25:30 UTC 2006

>Please be honest: Do you sometimes want to watch TV, just to see what is broadcasted?
>Why do you need this recorded?

In case you decided that you like what's on and want to record it.

>I think it shouldn't be that hard work to include such a switch.
>When you can switch auto-recording off, many more users will be using myth!!!
>I promise!

Nonsense. Users don't care. Except for the few very vocal ones who believe
space is being wasted and don't believe that those shows will be expired as
needed.
In fact, I'd say that you'll get more users by *always* recording, even if
nobody is watching. This is what Tivo does, and adds the advantage of being
able to go to live TV and then immediately back up 30 minutes (the default
size of Tivo's buffer) and play from there. It also allows you to go back
to the menu and do things there (like schedule some recordings or check
out the weather), then go back to live TV and pick up where you left off.
Now, be honest: wouldn't you like to be able to do that?