[mythtv-users] HDTV reception via Cable

jborn at charter.net jborn at charter.net
Mon Mar 27 03:01:18 UTC 2006

Posted this on accident with no subject.  Reposting  a subject

Finally!

Jesse, that was the last piece of information I was missing. I followed your instructions and now have all the HD channels found. I still have some questions about this. So far I've been working outside of mythtv for all this setup. I want to remove it from the equasion completly and make sure the capture is working correctly. Well for standard def I been able to test without a problem. With HD I've been doing the following:

azap -c ./channels.good.conf -r FOX

mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

It works a little and then dies with the following:

**** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
- Try -ao sdl or use the OSS emulation of ALSA.
- Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
- Slow video output
- Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
- Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try -hardframedrop.
- Broken file
- Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
- Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
- Try -cache 8192.
- Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
- Try -nocache.

I have an AMD64 3200 so I didn't think I was going to lacking CPU power to play one HD stream.

Running top during this and CPU never seems to go over 40 percent. Any tips to get this to play outside of myth?

Getting very close one small step at a time

Thanks,

jb