[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 27 10:00:33 UTC 2006

>>>>> Brian Wood writes:

b> On Mar 26, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>> I'm guessing that that's where Tivo's MFS (media file system) comes
>> in. Tivo's harddrive has always been whisper-quiet for me, even when
>> recording 2 shows and playing one. For Myth with JFS I had to suspend
>> the harddrive in rubberbands in order to make it quiet enough for the
>> living room. Maybe what's needed is "mythtfs".

b> Seems a little drastic, not to say Rube Goldberg-ish.

        It's a common enough technique that the Antec P150 case was
designed to allow elastic suspension of drives.

b> Several cases, like the Antec Sonata II, have rubber mounts for the
b> hard drives.

        Apparently, they weren't good enough for some people because
Antec switched to softer white silicone rubber grommets in the P180
and P150.

        It's fun to read sites like http://www.silentpcreview.com/
to see what people do when they really, really want something quiet.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.