[mythtv-users] Getting mythbackend to restart in Ubuntu (dapper)

Daniel Carter dantheperson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 00:10:25 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Robert May <robtmay at gmail.com> wrote:
> The script that is installed (/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend) doesn't
> quite work.  I had to add "HOME=/home/mythtv" at the top after the
> commented stuff.  I don't think I did anything else to get it to auto
> start in Dapper or Breezy.

Thanks, that trick fixed it for me.  I had the.hunter .debs installed
and at start the backend could never get a database connection till i
put that in the scripts.

Now i just need to change the startup priorities so that mysql and
myth-server startup before myth-client starts and complains about no
server...