[mythtv-users] Equipment setup q's from a noob.

j.mcdowell at mcdowelltribe.com j.mcdowell at mcdowelltribe.com
Tue Mar 28 19:09:18 UTC 2006

  I have some needs that MythTV may or may not be capable of, and if it
is I am sure it will push MythTV to it's breaking point and back again.
  So I will post what it is that I want to do, and hopefully someone
can tell me yes, no or maybe so or if it's possible but that I will
need to develop more.

  I have 7 Security camera around and in my house, mainly to watch my
babies whom are still very young. At the same time they are for
security reasons as well.

  I have 4 rooms that I want MythTV to run on in each room, and have
total control over the programming viewed.
  That programming I want controlled via a smart access card, that can
be set for each person that has one.  No card means no TV, basically my
kids are wasting there minds away on garbage television.  I want to be
able to Record one program while watching another from 3 different
locations in the house all at the same time. I also want to be able to
veiw from and playback from 3 more locations in the house.  I also want
all my security camera's to be recorded 24/7 leaving 1 recording
buffered 24 hour recording at all times.
  I have sensors installed on the side of my house where there is a
camera on each side.  If someone is watching TV with a smart card that
is set to, I want a PIP to show up on their screen if someone walks on
the side of my house.  I want to be able to PIP any security camera at
any time. 1 or all of them, or just bring one to full screen at any
time.
  I want to be able to place a blank dvd into my drive and record
anything that was dropped to my mythTV box.   I would also like to be
able to log in VIA the web and view any of my feeds.

  The real kicker, I want to be able to do all of this from ONE that's
right ONE dual or quad CPU box.
  Is this possible?  Any help / equipment list would be very helpful,
and if 2 boxes are needed that is ok too as long as they can all
interact the way I want them to and they can reside in the basement in
a "secured" room.

  Joshua McDowell