[mythtv-users] Playback too fast

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 00:14:24 UTC 2006

I made an LD_PRELOAD library to prevent the problem with the bogus dot clock
from X. However now I have a new problem.

Everything is being played at at least 60fps. If I set "Use video as timebase"
which I had hoped would fix it then the audio gets warped to match (leading to
chipmunk mode). If I leave it off then the audio just skips ahead to keep up.

I can't figure out where it's getting the incorrect framerate from. It prints
this as it's starting which seems to indicate it correctly read the framerate
of 29.97:

2006-03-28 19:10:18.061 Refresh rate: 33366, frame interval: 33366

When I play the mpg files with mplayer it correctly reads the framerate as
29.97 and plays them just fine.

If I watch live tv then of course it catches up with the end of the recording
leading to stop-and-start playback. Much smoother than previously but it's
still pretty unwatchable.

--
greg